SAFETY ON THE ROAD
Statistics shows a large number of incidents, on the road every year. According to the American Road Traffic Association, statistics on road accidents worldwide on an annual basis are as follows:
About 1.3 million people die in road accidents each year, an average of 3.287 deaths per day.
In addition, about 30 million people are injured or disabled.
More than half of road deaths are among young people aged 15-44
Road accidents rank the ninth position as the leading cause of death, equivalent to 2.2% of all deaths worldwide.
If there is no actions taken, road accidents are expected to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030.
About 50% of road accidents are due to a deviation from the optimum tire pressure.
How does the correct tire pressure helps for road safety?
Even the best quality tire, without the necessary pressure in it, reduces significantly or loses its qualities.
Proper tire pressure ensures maximum performance of the following security systems:
- ABS (Anti-Blockier System)
- ASC+T (Automatic Stability Control plus Traction)
- ATM (Adaptive Transmission Management)
- BAS (Brake Assist System)
- ESC (Electronic Stability control)
- ESP (Electronic Stability Program)
- ETC (Electronic Traction Control)